Depending on where you live in the United States, a pool can make or break a real estate deal. Here in the South, they are often the desired benefit as they help families get through the long hot summers in Texas. Even though the real estate market looks favorably toward a backyard pool, if it is not adequately maintained and cleaned, a prospective buyer may possibly pass on your home.
If you are considering selling your home, you can attract more potential buyers by taking a long, hard look at your watery oasis. If your pool needs a facelift, call us to help restore your decking, gunite, or pool coping in your Houston abode. We help sellers enhance the overall look of their home and yard with a variety of services including remodeling, building retaining walls, and re-plastering.
Attract More Buyers with an Appealing Pool
Over the years, the wear and tear can leave a pool looking ragged and uninviting. You may not notice it immediately since changes can be gradual. Here are some suggestions you can use to attract more buyers:
- Assess the Condition: Step back for a minute and take a long look at your backyard as if you were seeing it for the first time. Is the water in the pool clear? Is the plaster chipping? Do you have cracks in the tile?
- Make Necessary Repairs: After checking things out, make a list of necessary repairs. Maybe you need to replace the motorized pump, water filter, or other parts. Have a trusted contractor fill and fix cracks in the decking.
- Perform a Good Clean-Up: Besides any repairs that should be completed, take the time to scrub everything, trim back trees and bushes, and remove extra outdoor furniture that can clutter and detract from the view.
- Consider Updates: If this star selling feature looks worn and tired, it can affect the overall appearance of your property. Now is an excellent time to consider re-plastering, re-coping, re-tiling, or even adding a tanning ledge. You don’t need to invest a ton of money, but even bringing everything to fit 21st century style trends can add to your bottom line.
- Keep All Repair and Maintenance Documentation: It is critical to the sale of your home to make needed repairs and have proof that it was done. This includes the maintenance you have had completed over the years. It shows a track record of keeping things in good working order.
Hire Trusted Pool Coping Contractors in Houston
Get top dollar from your sale with help from our skilled and experienced team. We have helped homeowners across Houston and the surrounding areas with building, remodeling, and restoring their aquatic havens for over 30 years. We know how to get them back into shape quickly and within budget.
Call us at 713-729-5014 and speak to our team about replacing your coping or making other enhancements before you put your house on the market. You can also request a quote online.