A backyard pool is a fabulous place to unwind after a hard day, enjoy the family on weekends, or host a neighborhood party. If you enjoy your watery oasis to its fullest extent, you have probably had more than one get together on your decking. Those burgers and hot dogs always taste better when family and friends are around. A little splash of fresh water from a friendly game of Marco Polo is just one more reminder that summer is a time for relaxing and making new memories.
With all of the fun, it is easy to overlook some of the wear and tear your swimming pool shows. From chipped or damaged pavers to stain on the tiling and coping, you do not want to let things get too far out of hand. At JR Pool Plastering & Texas Gunite, Ltd, we understand the importance of protecting your investment. We help homeowners and apartment complexes keep their pools in the best shape with timely repairs.
Know What Your Pool Structure Needs
Regular maintenance helps you keep your aquatic sanctuary functioning at its best. Sometimes a little elbow grease will help. Other times, you will benefit from the assistance of a professional maintenance team. Here are some problems you may be facing:
- White Deposits: If you have noticed what looks like a bathtub ring around the top of your water line, you probably see mineral deposits like calcium and magnesium called efflorescence. There are different ways to remove the unwanted crust, including using a pumice stone, scraping off with a putty knife, or using an acid wash.
- Tiles Falling Off: It is possible that the “mud” used to set the tile is no longer binding. Another reason may be a cracked beam running along the top of your pool. A trusted contractor can easily repair any missing tiles.
- Discolored Coping: Failing to keep leaves and dirt off your deck and coping results in staining. Pressure washing can remove the stains and bring back the beauty you remember. It is possible for algae or mildew to grow. You can combat this growth by scrubbing with a paste of a bleaching agent.
- Several Chipped or Aging Areas: You want your investments to last a lifetime, and they can when you stay ahead of the curve with maintenance. Time does continue to move along, though, and there may come the season when you spend more time fixing coping than sitting at its edge. That is when a hiring a professional to rejuvenate your pool and get you back to summertime fun makes sense.
Work with Experienced Pool Contractors in Houston
Keep the good times rolling with the help from the team at JR Pool Plastering. We have the experience to help you keep your investment looking its best within your budget. For over 30 years, we have worked with Houston home and business owners in tiling and coping, pool remodeling, and plastering. Let us assist you in protecting your aquatic haven.
Call us at 713-729-5014 and speak to our team about replacing your tiling and coping or request a quote online.
The last time you went for a swim, did you wonder what went behind it to make this space the most enjoyable part of your home? Most of us do not. We just know that a quick dip in the refreshing water on a hot summer day feels great!
In reality, there are several major parts to a swimming pool. Some are not readily visible, such as the drainage system, chemical feeders, and the motorized pump. Then there are the visible parts such as the water basin, deck, floor tiles, and the edge that hold it all together.
All the parts work together to make your time in the water enjoyable and pleasant. But each component has its own specific function. Tiling and coping are a few of those that are easily overlooked, yet play a very important role, both practically and aesthetically. If you are considering a backyard “oasis” or renovating your existing one, talk with our experts at JR Pool Plastering & Texas Gunite, Ltd. Our team can help you get just the look you want or surprise you with a design you never imagined.
Basics of Coping
Not sure where to start when it comes to designing a swimming area that is both functional and beautiful? Consider the type of edge you choose to hold in the body of water. Here are some basics:
- What is coping? This is the cap that goes around the edge of the swimming pool.
- What is its purpose? It covers the concrete rim and conceals the steel that extends from the walls. It keeps water from dripping behind the shell. Additionally, it merges the finish with the tile.
- What options are available? There are a variety of options you can choose from, including natural stone and precast concrete. Natural stone and brick provide warmth, texture, and the strength of rock. Materials such as limestone are not only beautiful but also can last a lifetime. Precast concrete is a less expensive option and is generally easier to install.
Basics of Tiling
Like peanut butter and jelly, tiles go with coping! Here are the basics:
- What is tiling? It lines the edge of the water area to give a premium, aesthetic, and durable finish.
- What is its purpose? The primary purpose is to give a beautiful and safe finish. Some can make the water appear more blue; others enhance any other color you may prefer such as emerald green or deep turquoise. Not only do they look pretty, but they are also easier to clean than concrete, Gunite or shotcrete.
- What are the options available? The two most common preferences are ceramic mosaic and glass mosaic. You can choose to offset the color of the water with a contrasting hue, match the shade, or blend with the look around the edge.
Hire an Experienced Houston Contractor
Enhance the aesthetics of your property with the décor of your home. For over 30 years, the teams at JR PoolPlastering have served the Houston area with remodeling, installation, and such services. Trust our experienced crew to turn your little oasis into a beautiful luxury, easy to maintain and a joy to use again.