When you look out over your backyard, are you excited to see your pool? Does the azure blue water call to you or do you think things are just ho-hum? As time goes by, your outdoor water haven gets hit by weather, causing it to lose its luster. Instead of throwing up your hands in exasperation, why not consider a professional swimming pool renovation?
One of the easiest ways you can improve your dull backyard oasis is by updating different aspects of your pool. The experts at JR Pool Plastering & Texas Gunite, Ltd. have the know-how and expertise to help you get the watery retreat of your dreams. Avoid settling for the same-ole, same-ole with a renovation project.
Areas to Focus on with a Swimming Pool Renovation
Not sure what you can do to enhance your pool area? The options are almost endless. Here are a few areas you can start your renovation with:
- Replace the Tile and Coping: One of the most important parts of your pool system is the tile and coping. It functions to keep water in and not falling behind the basin. It is also an easy type of fix that can liven up your pool. For example, you can choose to upgrade to a different coping edge or use flagstone or slate in the tiling.
- Change Up the Decking: The decking ties your pool into your home and landscape. If you have made changes to the exterior of your house, the backyard may stand out instead of enhancing your property. Changing the decking can create a fluid switch from outside to inside. You can consider a few different types of materials.
- Concrete is very common but it does not mean you are relegated to boring grey. Today’s concrete can be tinted in a variety of colors.
- Pavers give you optional looks like cobblestone, granite, tile, and bricks. This choice provides excellent flexibility and is a low cost option.
- Stone has an impressive assortment of shapes and sizes to choose from. Quartzite, sandstone, limestone, or travertine are just a few of the options.
- Retaining Walls: If you’ve noticed some erosion, a retaining wall can help move water away from your pool. It can also give you privacy or additional seating.
- Water Features: Add some additional enjoyment to your pool setting with a waterfall. Sitting near the gently churning water is a relaxing way to spend an evening.
- Spa: Instead of traveling to spend the day at a spa, make a 30-second commute to your private spa in your backyard. Let the hot water relax your aches and pains away.
Hire an Experienced Swimming Pool Renovation Contractor in Houston
Renew and rejuvenate your backyard into the oasis you intended it to be by hiring the experienced professionals from JR Pool Plastering & Gunite. Since the 1908s, we have worked with Houston area homeowners and contractors to rebuild, restore, and install swimming pools. Our team can make your dream a reality.
Call us at 713-729-5014 to speak with our team about renovating your pool or request a quote online.
Sometimes, changing the look and feel of your home can start from the outside instead of the interiors. If you are ready for a home makeover, why not start with your backyard and your pool? As summer winds down into fall, there is less time left to enjoy outdoor swimming and backyard fun. However, fall and winter can be the ideal seasons to revisit your grand renovation ideas. In fact, off-season is the perfect time for swimming pool renovation in Houston.
A pool is a huge investment in your real estate and your family. With the proper maintenance and care, it should last you years. It pays to consider and implement changes and improvements at regular intervals, rather than wait for a complete overhaul and expensive replacement.To prevent costly deterioration and enhance the look of your backyard, talk to the experts at JR Pool Plastering & Texas Gunite, Ltd. We can help implement your ideas and deliver your dream backyard with a timely and efficient makeover.
Suggestions for Remodeling Your Houston Swimming Pool
The off-season is the best time to do a little fall clean up and maintenance as it minimizes the time lost during the swimming season. You can also implement some changes now to make next season even more enjoyable. Here are a few suggestions for your swimming pool renovation:
- Change the Tile and Coping:Are you ready for a new color or texture? Consider changing the existing tile and coping with poured concrete or natural stone. You can even choose materials that will enhance and accent your home.
- Build a Tanning Ledge: A tanning ledge adds space for catching more of the rays from the gorgeous Houston sun. It can also add a Hollywood feel.
- Add a Spa: Enjoy the hot water jets in a spa to massage the stress of the day away or add a little romance to your life.
- Enlarge Your Existing Pool: Maybe you need a bigger space for family and friends to enjoy swimming together. Consider enlarging now to have more fun next spring and summer.
- Add a Water Feature: One way to dress things up is with a water feature. The gentle sound of water moving through a waterfall helps relax you.
- Upgrade Your Poolside Deck: There are so many different options for decking that can take a boring pool and turn it into something fabulous. Choose from natural stone to concrete to pavers. You are only limited by your imagination!
- Construct a Retaining Wall: If your property suffers from erosion, a retaining wall is an option for keeping debris from flowing into your pool. In addition to being functional against erosion, a retaining wall can be used as a privacy barrier to keep out prying eyes.
Hire a Trusted Houston Swimming Pool Renovation Company
Take advantage of the off-season and get those remodel projects done before next summer. For more than 30 years, the professionals at JR Pool Plastering have served Houston area homeowners and home builders. Trust our experienced crew to make your renovations possible. We can help turn your dream into a reality.
Call us at 713-729-5014 to speak with our team at JR Pool Plastering & Texas Gunite, Ltd.or request a quote online.