Having a backyard oasis is the dream of many homeowners. If you have a large backyard, your options are greatly enhanced. You could divide your lot into zones if you wanted. What about those who have small lots in the middle of an urban area? How can they enjoy a cold dip at the end of a hot day? With a small pool, of course!
Today’s options are nearly endless, making it much easier for just about anyone to have a watery oasis of their own. Even if you have a large backyard, you may not want all of it taken up with tons of water. Installing a small inground pool can be the answer. No matter the design or the size of the yard, the experts at JR Pool Plastering & Texas Gunite, Ltd. can bring your dream into reality.
It Is All in the Design
Investing in your family takes many different shapes, including providing a haven for playing, exercise, and memory-making. Generally speaking, anything 600 square feet or less constitutes “small.” Consider these suggestions when deciding if you are ready to take the plunge:
- The Best Type: There are many options available, including concrete, vinyl, or fiberglass. The most significant advantage to using gunite or shotcrete is the flexibility of forming just about any shape you can dream up.
- You Can Still Have Exciting Features: See a picture of a gorgeous tanning ledge on Pinterest? It is possible to add it. You can build in extra seating and keep rainwater from invading when you put up a retaining wall. In fact, you can have just about any feature a larger pool can have.
- Only Your Imagination Limits Shape: Yes, you can have a rectangle, circle, or kidney-shaped pool, even if it is small. Imagine a single swimming lane just out your back door to enjoy morning laps before work. You might choose a small freeform that allows a relaxing water feature you can enjoy with a glass of wine. Another option is to remind yourself to “stop” and relax when you choose an octagonal shape.
- Anything a Large Pool Can Do, a Small One Can Do Too! Maybe you have a backyard that drops off into a lake. Push your design to the edge and save on decking. Remember, if you can dream it, we can build it!
Hire a Trusted Swimming Pool Contractor in Houston, TX
Enjoy a family oasis like those with big backyards including amazing features and beautiful colors and textures when you install a small pool. Your dreams can come true, and we can help. Since 1980, JR Pool Plastering has served the Houston area with installation, remodeling, and restoration of aquatic havens. You can trust our team to make your backyard the envy of the neighborhood in the middle of the city.
Call us at 713-729-5014 to speak with our team about installing a small pool or request a quote online.
Who does not love to take a dip in a refreshing pool in the middle of a hot summer afternoon? You can drive down to the community facility, but nothing beats the luxury of diving into your own backyard swimming pool. The thought of all the family birthday parties and 4th of July barbecues you could enjoy by your own poolside is enough to have you sign on the dotted line with a contractor you know nothing about.
Here’s a warning! Before you make that decision, do your homework. Choose swimming pool contractors wisely to avoid buyer’s remorse or suffering through complications later.
At JR Pool Plastering & Texas Gunite, Ltd., our professional crew will help you fulfill your vision for a backyard oasis.
How to Find the Perfect Pool Contracting Company
No one wants to deal with vendors who refuse to make warranty covered repairs, fail to complete a project on time, or destroy your yard. Consider these suggestions when hiring a company to install your private recreational space:
- Research, Review, Recognize: Ask for reviews from family and friends. Look up the Better Business Bureau. Check out the company’s track record and references. Have at least a minimum of three service providers look at your location in person and provide estimates. Compare the estimates and weigh out similar scopes of work required, such as the size of the area, labor needed, and an itemized list of materials. Avoid shopping for the cheapest price. Often, you get what you pay for.
- Keep a Copy of the Contract: Remember, if it is not in writing, it did not happen! Make sure you have a copy of the work order that lists all the tasks to be done. This includes details like dates, a cost breakdown, scope of work, and most importantly, warranty or guarantee policies. Find out who will perform the task – the company’s own crew or outsourced providers.
- Ask Questions: Installing a water feature and a lifestyle recreational space is an important investment in your property. You should ask as many questions as you need to understand how the building process works.
- Make Sure the Company is Insured: While the City of Houston does not require building contractors to be licensed, they should be adequately insured to ensure protection for both you and your property.
- Determine If You Need a Permit: The City of Houston requires a building permit before construction begins. If a company you are considering suggests that you do not need a building permit, you may want to reconsider hiring them.
Hire Trusted Houston Swimming Pool Contractors
You want a fun way to enhance your property and enjoy time with family and friends. Do your homework and hire a trusted company for the installation job. For more than 30 years, the professionals at JR Pool Plastering have served Houston area homeowners and home builders. Our team has the knowledge and experience to design and build the hardscape feature you seek to take your outdoor space from tired and boring to enviable and inviting.