With spring just around the corner, now is a great time to think about officially opening your pool for the summer months. That includes conducting a good cleaning and general maintenance. Taking time to assess any damages your backyard haven may have experienced now will enhance your summer BBQs later. Issues like shifting ground may cause cracks in the basin. Hard water deposits can leave your tiling looking dull and lifeless. Coping is also affected by changes like a damaged bond beam, cracks, or erosion. Annual maintenance goes a long way in protecting your investment but there are times when DIY-ing is no longer feasible. When that happens, it is time to call in the experts.
Rejuvenate your watery oasis with help from the experts at JR Pool Plastering & Texas Gunite, Ltd. Our team has the know-how and expertise to help you return your pool back into the watery retreat of your dreams. Stop putting off the chance to liven up your backyard and enjoy family gatherings again. We can help!
Tiling and Coping – When to Clean, When to Replace
Swimming pools are a huge investment, but it is more than a monetary one. A pool offers opportunities to gather with friends and family. Water is also a natural relaxer. It soothes the joints and flushes away the stress of a hard day. Cleaning the tile and coping around your pool is part of proper maintenance, but when is it time to stop cleaning and start replacing? Consider these instances:
- Water Deposits No Longer Come Off: Dirt and deposits will develop at the water line, just like on your bathtub. There are two basic types of scaling that you can expect:
- Calcium Silicate: This is a greyish-white deposit that is harder to remove because it has been there the longest. It often takes a pumice stone to remove.
- Calcium Carbonate: This is white and can be removed with a splash of muriatic acid.
If you have scrubbed every year to remove these stains and notice that it is leaving the surface looking dull and lifeless, then replacing the tile may be a good idea.
- Several Cracked or Broken Tiles: With proper maintenance, your tiles can last for several years. However, if you notice you have any cracked or broken ones, there may be a bigger issue at hand, like a crack in your basin. Having an experienced Houston contractor inspect your pool can make the difference in an easy repair and an expensive fix.
- Structural Damage to Coping: If there has been ground shifting from erosion or other causes, the coping around your pool may be damaged. To save the integrity of your oasis, replacing it may be necessary.
Hire an Experienced Tiling and Coping Contractor in Houston
Stop nursing along broken or damaged tiles and coping when you can rejuvenate it instead. The experienced professionals at JR Pool Plastering & Gunite have been serving Houston area homeowners and contractors for over 30 years. We can rebuild, restore, and install swimming pools, including tiling and coping. Our team can make your dream a reality.
Call us at 713-729-5014 to speak with our team about replacing or upgrading the tiling and coping on your pool or request a quote online.
A backyard pool is a fabulous place to unwind after a hard day, enjoy the family on weekends, or host a neighborhood party. If you enjoy your watery oasis to its fullest extent, you have probably had more than one get together on your decking. Those burgers and hot dogs always taste better when family and friends are around. A little splash of fresh water from a friendly game of Marco Polo is just one more reminder that summer is a time for relaxing and making new memories.
With all of the fun, it is easy to overlook some of the wear and tear your swimming pool shows. From chipped or damaged pavers to stain on the tiling and coping, you do not want to let things get too far out of hand. At JR Pool Plastering & Texas Gunite, Ltd, we understand the importance of protecting your investment. We help homeowners and apartment complexes keep their pools in the best shape with timely repairs.
Know What Your Pool Structure Needs
Regular maintenance helps you keep your aquatic sanctuary functioning at its best. Sometimes a little elbow grease will help. Other times, you will benefit from the assistance of a professional maintenance team. Here are some problems you may be facing:
- White Deposits: If you have noticed what looks like a bathtub ring around the top of your water line, you probably see mineral deposits like calcium and magnesium called efflorescence. There are different ways to remove the unwanted crust, including using a pumice stone, scraping off with a putty knife, or using an acid wash.
- Tiles Falling Off: It is possible that the “mud” used to set the tile is no longer binding. Another reason may be a cracked beam running along the top of your pool. A trusted contractor can easily repair any missing tiles.
- Discolored Coping: Failing to keep leaves and dirt off your deck and coping results in staining. Pressure washing can remove the stains and bring back the beauty you remember. It is possible for algae or mildew to grow. You can combat this growth by scrubbing with a paste of a bleaching agent.
- Several Chipped or Aging Areas: You want your investments to last a lifetime, and they can when you stay ahead of the curve with maintenance. Time does continue to move along, though, and there may come the season when you spend more time fixing coping than sitting at its edge. That is when a hiring a professional to rejuvenate your pool and get you back to summertime fun makes sense.
Work with Experienced Pool Contractors in Houston
Keep the good times rolling with the help from the team at JR Pool Plastering. We have the experience to help you keep your investment looking its best within your budget. For over 30 years, we have worked with Houston home and business owners in tiling and coping, pool remodeling, and plastering. Let us assist you in protecting your aquatic haven.
Call us at 713-729-5014 and speak to our team about replacing your tiling and coping or request a quote online.