As the summer heat transforms into the cooler fall temperatures, the swimming season winds down. You might find that your swimming pool needs a little extra care and upkeep. Fall is a great time to review what repairs or maintenance updates are required and address those needs before reopening your pool in the spring. A well-maintained pool that is free from cracks and chips ensures your family and friends can have a safe and enjoyable spring and summer.
If you find problems arising as the season winds down, take advantage of the slower season and make those much-needed repairs, including pool plastering. At JR Pool Plastering & Texas Gunite, Ltd., our experienced crew can make essential repairs so you can enjoy your backyard oasis for the upcoming seasons.
Tips for Closing Your Pool this Fall
Fall is the time to give your home and yard a little extra TLC. Not only are there general maintenance items that need to be done, but some of the more intensive maintenance items should also be completed before the holidays and winter take over. Here are a few tips to close your pool the right way and extend its life:
- Take Care of General Cleaning: Now is the time to remove all water toys. Use your vacuum to clean the pool thoroughly. Brush the tiles. Clean up the deck.
- Remove Any Leaves and Debris: Leaves and debris invite algae growth and cause staining of your plaster. Keep your skimmer baskets clean. Skim off leaves and debris from the top of the water.
- Clean the Filter: If it has been a jam-packed summer, take advantage of the lean period now and clean out your filter.
- Adjust the Heating Cycle: With the cooler weather, keep an eye on the temperatures and adjust your water’s heating cycle.
- Monitor the Pool Chemicals: As the temperatures decline, watch your pH levels and make adjustments as required.
- Protect Metal Valves and Parts with Lubricant: Fall is a great time to lubricate any and all metal valves and parts, to prevent corrosion.
- Have Your Swimming Pool Re-plastered: If gunite, shotcrete, or rebar is peeking out in an unsightly manner, it is an excellent idea to re-plaster your pool and protect its structural integrity.
Choose an Experienced Houston Swimming Pool Plastering Company
Protecting your investment begins with regular seasonal care, including reapplying plaster. Since 1982, the professionals at JR Pool Plastering have served Houston area homeowners and home builders. Our crews have the knowledge and experience to help you ensure many years of safe pool use for your family and friends.
Contact us at 713-729-5014 to speak with our team at JR Pool Plastering & Texas Gunite, Ltd. or request a quote online.