In an age where do-it-yourself projects are all the rage, it might sound fun to build or renovate your swimming pool. The numerous television programs show everything from redecorating a room on a budget to building furniture or room additions. It can lead many homeowners into believing that they are qualified to take on a large project that includes moving earth and pouring tons of concrete. What is not understood is that there is a lot more going on behind the scenes.
Not all home improvement projects are the same. Avoid frustration and potential disaster when you hire a pool contractor to build your new backyard haven in Houston, TX. The professionals at JR Pool Plastering & Texas Gunite, Ltd. can eliminate the obstacles and help you fulfill your backyard dreams.
5 Reasons to Hire an Experienced Pool Contractor
Stay cool this summer when you let the experts construct your watery oasis. Here are 5 reasons to not DIY your family’s swimming pool:
- Meeting the Permit Process: The City of Houston requires a building permit before construction begins. If you don’t fully understand how to obtain the right building permits, you might be facing delays and hefty fines. Your contractor knows what’s needed and can quickly take care of the paperwork. They do this daily!
- Following Building Codes: Each city has specific building codes. Some may require a pool contractor to do the work, thereby not giving you the option of putting it in yourself. The good news is that a professional will also make sure the construction follows the codes so that safety is maintained.
- Saving Time: Building an aquatic escape takes time no matter who is doing the work. If you can only work on your project during off-work hours, it will take you exponentially longer than professionals that do this daily. They have crews that can get in and get things done promptly so that you can enjoy your investment quickly.
- Money Savings: Because you may not know all the materials you will need or the potential issues that can arise, you can easily spend more going DIY than hiring a company. Additionally, you can easily make a mistake that later you will need a professional to fix, at a higher price!
- Specialized Knowledge: Pool contracting companies spend every day excavating, shooting gunite, laying rebar, building retaining walls, and many other tasks. They have the specialized knowledge to complete the job safely and effectively if problems arise.
Choose a Trusted Houston, TX Pool Contractor
Installing a swimming pool is a fantastic way to enhance your property and enjoy fun with family and friends. Before you jump on the DIY bandwagon, call the trusted team at JR Pool Plastering & Gunite. For more than 30 years, we have served Houston area homeowners and builders. Our crews have the knowledge and experience to give you the backyard oasis you seek while saving you money, time, and frustration.
Contact us at 713-729-5014 to speak with our team at JR Pool Plastering & Texas Gunite, Ltd. or request a quote online.
You have done it. You have pondered the merits and determined that now is the time to finally invest in a backyard pool. The fun has just begun as you get to choose the type of materials for the basin and colors for your tile and coping. Another critical decision to be made is where in the world are you going to place your watery oasis?
There are so many styles and components to consider: the adjacent deck, surrounding landscape, and even additional patios. Maybe you want specific zones such as a play area and outdoor kitchen so that your backyard functions as an all-in-one family fun place. No matter the design, the experts at JR Pool Plastering & Texas Gunite, Ltd., can bring your dream into reality.
Placement Considerations for a New Pool
Anytime you invest in your home, you are investing in your family. Frustration will quickly impede memories if the placement of the recreational water structure is not correct. Zoning regulations and the property’s natural slope and drainage issues can complicate things, but they do not have to stop progress. Your Houston Pool contractor can help you overcome these apparent obstacles. Here are some additional tips to help you find the perfect spot for placement:
- Homes with Small Yards: Limited space means a little creativity is in order. Often the pool must be close to or adjoining the house. This can be a good thing as it gives easier access to oversee the water. As an extension of the home, choose a design that reflects that of the architectural style your house carries, including the geometric shape. Work with complementary colors and materials to blend in with existing outside structures.
- Homes with Large Yards: Larger spaces allow for more flexibility in the design. Avoid becoming overwhelmed with all the choices available. Make the pool a destination zone by putting it away from the house, or make it a focal point and create a more massive deck for easier entertaining. You can even complement the natural surroundings with freeform designs you can get with materials like gunite.
- Desired View and Privacy: As you get an idea of where to place the basin, take into consideration what view you would like to have. Picture lounging around crystal blue water. What would you like to see? Maybe some gorgeous landscaping or retaining walls acting as a privacy fence.
Work with a Trusted Pool Contractor in Houston, TX
For the best memories and the enjoyment, pool placement is vital. Avoid eyesores by blending colors and materials to match the home in a small yard. Make a focal point when placing in a big backyard. Pick a spot that offers plenty of sunlight and a pleasurable view. Since 1980, JR Pool Plastering has served the Houston area with remodeling and installation of aquatic havens. You can trust our team to make your backyard the envy of the neighborhood.
Call us at 713-729-5014 to speak with our team about pool placement or request a quote online.