Spring is a time of new beginnings. Colorful flowers peeping up through the soil and sprouting green leaves are just a few of the signs to let you know that it is time to get your pool ready for the swimming season. It is also a fabulous time to consider remodeling or installing your new backyard feature.
There are many designs you can choose fro—above ground, inground, vinyl, fiberglass, or concrete. Each has its advantages and disadvantages. One type, Gunite, can give you years of enjoyment through its durability. At JR Pool Plastering & Texas Gunite, Ltd., our professional crew helps you fulfill your vision and even take it farther.
Gunite Inground Pool Construction
Other construction material options may cost less money, but they do not give you the flexibility and longevity that Gunite does. Using a steel rebar framework, the material gives you the end result that is only limited by your imagination. Constructing a sturdy, highly durable swimming area involves several steps. It also needs to be installed by certified professionals to provide the lasting quality you are looking for. Here are the basics:
- Excavating the Site: After your plans are in place, excavating equipment is brought in to remove the soil and carve out a hole to hold the structure. The hole is over dug to allow for the construction of the shell.
- Form Creation: Once the digging is complete, the crew builds a wooden framework to establish the perimeter, including any section built out of the ground.
- Sub-Base: Then it is time for the crushed stone to be laid out and the piping to be fitted. Everything is leveled to prepare for plumbing.
- Plumbing: Installation includes high-grade pipes, fittings, and equipment that make up the circulation system, such as, skimmers, main drains, returns, and other specialty items.
- Steel Rebar Grid: Part of the extraordinary strength of Gunite lies in the steel-reinforced grid. This phase is as much art as it is craft. Our team is highly proficient in both.
- Concrete Floor: The floor of concrete is then pumped in and hand-troweled or floated to the correct elevation as required.
- Customized Design: Then comes the opportunity for our team to showcase their talent and skills. They use gunite, a mixture of sand and cement, that is shot through a pneumatic hose onto the steel rebar grid. The shape and size is customized, giving you a unique design.
Contract a Trusted Houston Company
For more than 30 years, the professionals at JR Pool Plastering have served homeowners and home builders of the Houston area. Our crew has the knowledge and experience to design and build the hardscape feature to elevate your empty outdoor space from a regular backyard to an enviable and inviting oasis.
The holidays are here and full of fun times with family. As you sing the last chorus of Auld Lang Syne, it is time to think about all of the goals you want to achieve in the New Year. If one of your goals is to add a new in-ground pool, the beginning of the year is a great time, and you will be well on your way to checking this resolution off your list.
A pool is an important investment in your real estate and your family. Just imagine the fun you will have this summer when you get started now on your backyard dream. Family gatherings and neighborhood cookouts will be more enjoyable than ever. JR Pool Plastering & Texas Gunite, Ltd. can help you make your resolution a reality.
Steps to Building a Gunite Pool
Not sure how the process actually works? Keep reading to see how we take you from dull backyard to fabulous oasis in a short amount of time.
- Excavation of the Site: Once you have your plans ready, we come in with all the equipment required to remove the soil and carve out the hole that will hold the structure. The hole is over-dug to allow for the construction of the shell.
- Creating the Form: As soon as the digging is done, wooden forms are built to create a perimeter, including any sections constructed out of the ground.
- Laying of the Sub-Base: Crushed stone is laid and suitable piping installed. Everything is leveled and ready for plumbing.
- Installing the Plumbing: Next the pool’s plumbing system is installed. This includes high-grade pipes, fittings, and equipment that make up the circulation system, such as skimmers, main drains, returns, and other specialty items.
- Bending and Installing Steel Rebar: Part of the extraordinary strength of gunite lies in the steel-reinforced grid we lay. Our crew has skilled craftsmen who have installed several structures like this and will get the job done efficiently.
- Laying the Concrete Floor: The floor made of concrete is then pumped in and hand-troweled or floated to the correct elevation.
- Shooting the Gunite: The next step is where our team really excels. We use a mixture of sand and cement that is shot through a pneumatic hose onto the steel rebar grid. Our crew will customize the shape and size of your specialty pool.
Hire a Trusted Gunite Contractor in Houston
Accomplish your New Year’s resolution now. Hire a trusted Houston contractor to come in and build your dream backyard recreation space. For more than 30 years, the professionals at JR Pool Plastering have served Houston area homeowners and home builders. Trust our experienced crew to make your swimming pool dreams a reality.
Call us at 713-729-5014 to speak with our team at JR Pool Plastering & Texas Gunite, Ltd. or request a quote online.