Spring is a time of new beginnings. Colorful flowers peeping up through the soil and sprouting green leaves are just a few of the signs to let you know that it is time to get your pool ready for the swimming season. It is also a fabulous time to consider remodeling or installing your new backyard feature.
There are many designs you can choose fro—above ground, inground, vinyl, fiberglass, or concrete. Each has its advantages and disadvantages. One type, Gunite, can give you years of enjoyment through its durability. At JR Pool Plastering & Texas Gunite, Ltd., our professional crew helps you fulfill your vision and even take it farther.
Gunite Inground Pool Construction
Other construction material options may cost less money, but they do not give you the flexibility and longevity that Gunite does. Using a steel rebar framework, the material gives you the end result that is only limited by your imagination. Constructing a sturdy, highly durable swimming area involves several steps. It also needs to be installed by certified professionals to provide the lasting quality you are looking for. Here are the basics:
- Excavating the Site: After your plans are in place, excavating equipment is brought in to remove the soil and carve out a hole to hold the structure. The hole is over dug to allow for the construction of the shell.
- Form Creation: Once the digging is complete, the crew builds a wooden framework to establish the perimeter, including any section built out of the ground.
- Sub-Base: Then it is time for the crushed stone to be laid out and the piping to be fitted. Everything is leveled to prepare for plumbing.
- Plumbing: Installation includes high-grade pipes, fittings, and equipment that make up the circulation system, such as, skimmers, main drains, returns, and other specialty items.
- Steel Rebar Grid: Part of the extraordinary strength of Gunite lies in the steel-reinforced grid. This phase is as much art as it is craft. Our team is highly proficient in both.
- Concrete Floor: The floor of concrete is then pumped in and hand-troweled or floated to the correct elevation as required.
- Customized Design: Then comes the opportunity for our team to showcase their talent and skills. They use gunite, a mixture of sand and cement, that is shot through a pneumatic hose onto the steel rebar grid. The shape and size is customized, giving you a unique design.
Contract a Trusted Houston Company
For more than 30 years, the professionals at JR Pool Plastering have served homeowners and home builders of the Houston area. Our crew has the knowledge and experience to design and build the hardscape feature to elevate your empty outdoor space from a regular backyard to an enviable and inviting oasis.