With spring just around the corner, now is a great time to think about officially opening your pool for the summer months. That includes conducting a good cleaning and general maintenance. Taking time to assess any damages your backyard haven may have experienced now will enhance your summer BBQs later. Issues like shifting ground may cause cracks in the basin. Hard water deposits can leave your tiling looking dull and lifeless. Coping is also affected by changes like a damaged bond beam, cracks, or erosion. Annual maintenance goes a long way in protecting your investment but there are times when DIY-ing is no longer feasible. When that happens, it is time to call in the experts.
Rejuvenate your watery oasis with help from the experts at JR Pool Plastering & Texas Gunite, Ltd. Our team has the know-how and expertise to help you return your pool back into the watery retreat of your dreams. Stop putting off the chance to liven up your backyard and enjoy family gatherings again. We can help!
Tiling and Coping – When to Clean, When to Replace
Swimming pools are a huge investment, but it is more than a monetary one. A pool offers opportunities to gather with friends and family. Water is also a natural relaxer. It soothes the joints and flushes away the stress of a hard day. Cleaning the tile and coping around your pool is part of proper maintenance, but when is it time to stop cleaning and start replacing? Consider these instances:
- Water Deposits No Longer Come Off: Dirt and deposits will develop at the water line, just like on your bathtub. There are two basic types of scaling that you can expect:
- Calcium Silicate: This is a greyish-white deposit that is harder to remove because it has been there the longest. It often takes a pumice stone to remove.
- Calcium Carbonate: This is white and can be removed with a splash of muriatic acid.
If you have scrubbed every year to remove these stains and notice that it is leaving the surface looking dull and lifeless, then replacing the tile may be a good idea.
- Several Cracked or Broken Tiles: With proper maintenance, your tiles can last for several years. However, if you notice you have any cracked or broken ones, there may be a bigger issue at hand, like a crack in your basin. Having an experienced Houston contractor inspect your pool can make the difference in an easy repair and an expensive fix.
- Structural Damage to Coping: If there has been ground shifting from erosion or other causes, the coping around your pool may be damaged. To save the integrity of your oasis, replacing it may be necessary.
Hire an Experienced Tiling and Coping Contractor in Houston
Stop nursing along broken or damaged tiles and coping when you can rejuvenate it instead. The experienced professionals at JR Pool Plastering & Gunite have been serving Houston area homeowners and contractors for over 30 years. We can rebuild, restore, and install swimming pools, including tiling and coping. Our team can make your dream a reality.
Call us at 713-729-5014 to speak with our team about replacing or upgrading the tiling and coping on your pool or request a quote online.