Across the country, in-ground pools are installed for aquatic centers, apartment communities, homeowners’ associations, and private property owners. With each project come responsibilities and choices. From obtaining the proper permits to guiding a client through the process of picking out tile and coping, building a new swimming pool is a lengthy process where the right material does matter.
Today’s options are nearly endless, making it much easier to get the ideal look your customer is aiming for. Choosing between fiberglass, vinyl-lined, and gunite should be the easiest decision to make. When they select gunite, you know your client is getting the best value for their dollar. The experts on our team are experienced commercial gunite contractors. We can help you give your customer the watery oasis they have been dreaming of.
Benefits of Installing a Gunite Pool
Many will look at fiberglass and vinyl-lined options and think that is the obvious choice for them. They are relatively low-maintenance and are less expensive to install. However, there are some more significant benefits of using gunite:
- Designs and Shapes Are Flexible: The beauty of this material is that it can be molded and shaped to fit your client’s desire. They can have the perfect size for their backyard landscape or the neighborhood hangout.
- Finishing Materials Make it Personal: There are plenty of finishes to choose from to coordinate with a house or to stand out. Choices include aggregate, tile, quartz, and glass beading. The colors and patterns are practically endless. Only you and your client’s imaginations will be the limiting factor.
- Durability Means Longevity: The verdict is out. A custom gunite pool is built to last for decades. The warranties are almost as long. While this material may cost more upfront, the longevity makes it pay for itself over the years.
- They are Simpler to Construct: Unlike concrete which can take a long time to build and is subject to the outdoor temperatures, the rebar framework makes spraying the concrete and sand mixture simple with much less time.
- Many More Amenities to Choose From: Your client doesn’t have to stop at just the pool. They can add streams, spas, waterfalls, built-in barstools, irregular underwater benches, and tanning ledges. The flexibility can be quite surprising and allows for full use of your imagination.
Hire a Dependable and Experienced Houston Commercial Gunite Contractor
Give your client the swimming pool of their dreams that will last for decades when you suggest building with gunite. Their haven will be a testament to your designing ability. For over 30 years, JR Pool Plastering & Gunite has served area contractors and homeowners with installing, remodeling, and restoring backyard oases. We know and understand how this top-quality material should be applied, and we can make your next project shine.
Call us at 713-729-5014 to speak with our team about installing a gunite pool or request a quote online.
August 2017 saw one of the most catastrophic weather events to hit Houston. As Hurricane Harvey pounded the city, homes, hotels, apartment communities, and commercial properties suffered severe damage. Flooding may have devastated the area, but Texan resilience has taken hold. Now is the time to reconstruct, and the Lone Star state knows how to build big.
As you set out to repair and redesign your commercial apartments, consider how you can enhance your property’s curb appeal. Welcome buyers and renters alike with new or remodeled amenities such as a swimming pool. Our experts know how to bring alive your real estate with a delightful aquatic retreat that provides enjoyment, entertainment, and relaxation to every one of all ages, using just the right materials.
An Attractive, Long-Lasting Alternative
Gunite is a concrete known for its unusual application process. Instead of having it mixed at the plant, the concrete is mixed onsite and then forced through a high-pressure nozzle onto the required surface. The result is a product that can withstand water pressure and last for years, even decades. Consider these advantages:
- Durability: The material is far stronger than other construction alternatives, such as fiberglass and shotcrete. It can handle ground pressure changes without cracking and can last for more than 30 years with proper maintenance.
- Watertight: In the installation process, very little water is needed to bond the concrete and sand mixture. Applied in a smooth, continuous flow, there are fewer joints and weak spots for water to seep into.
- Flexible Forms: The mortar gets sprayed in a free-form pattern onto a grid of rebar onsite. Think of it as a skeleton just waiting to be filled out into any shape or form. To construct the best creations from this material, all you need is imagination and the skill of certified professionals.
When you are ready to start the project, remember to enlist the services of a recognized commercial gunite contractor who has the expertise to enhance your recreational area while staying well within your budget.
The material is perfect for a variety of finishes including plaster, pebbles, or stones and is offered in a plethora of colors. Picture an oasis of refreshing blues and greens that make your new building stand out from others like a beacon, luring residents to take the plunge on a hot summer day. Who can resist the temptation?
Choose the right tile and coping that not only beautifies the area but is easy to maintain. How about an emerald green tile contrasting against a Spanish-style red roof? If you are looking to blend your landscape, opt for tan hues and natural stone finishes like travertine limestone.
Hire a Trusted Commercial Gunite Contractor in Houston
Give your residents a reprieve from the day-to-day grind of life. For over 30 years, JR Pool Plastering has served the Houston area with remodeling and installation. You can trust our crew to make your community the envy of the city.
Call us at 713-729-5014 to speak with our team about rebuilding your property or request a quote online.
The holidays are here and full of fun times with family. As you sing the last chorus of Auld Lang Syne, it is time to think about all of the goals you want to achieve in the New Year. If one of your goals is to add a new in-ground pool, the beginning of the year is a great time, and you will be well on your way to checking this resolution off your list.
A pool is an important investment in your real estate and your family. Just imagine the fun you will have this summer when you get started now on your backyard dream. Family gatherings and neighborhood cookouts will be more enjoyable than ever. JR Pool Plastering & Texas Gunite, Ltd. can help you make your resolution a reality.
Steps to Building a Gunite Pool
Not sure how the process actually works? Keep reading to see how we take you from dull backyard to fabulous oasis in a short amount of time.
- Excavation of the Site: Once you have your plans ready, we come in with all the equipment required to remove the soil and carve out the hole that will hold the structure. The hole is over-dug to allow for the construction of the shell.
- Creating the Form: As soon as the digging is done, wooden forms are built to create a perimeter, including any sections constructed out of the ground.
- Laying of the Sub-Base: Crushed stone is laid and suitable piping installed. Everything is leveled and ready for plumbing.
- Installing the Plumbing: Next the pool’s plumbing system is installed. This includes high-grade pipes, fittings, and equipment that make up the circulation system, such as skimmers, main drains, returns, and other specialty items.
- Bending and Installing Steel Rebar: Part of the extraordinary strength of gunite lies in the steel-reinforced grid we lay. Our crew has skilled craftsmen who have installed several structures like this and will get the job done efficiently.
- Laying the Concrete Floor: The floor made of concrete is then pumped in and hand-troweled or floated to the correct elevation.
- Shooting the Gunite: The next step is where our team really excels. We use a mixture of sand and cement that is shot through a pneumatic hose onto the steel rebar grid. Our crew will customize the shape and size of your specialty pool.
Hire a Trusted Gunite Contractor in Houston
Accomplish your New Year’s resolution now. Hire a trusted Houston contractor to come in and build your dream backyard recreation space. For more than 30 years, the professionals at JR Pool Plastering have served Houston area homeowners and home builders. Trust our experienced crew to make your swimming pool dreams a reality.
Call us at 713-729-5014 to speak with our team at JR Pool Plastering & Texas Gunite, Ltd. or request a quote online.