RETAINING WALL REPAIR & CONSTRUCTION
PROTECT YOUR POOL FROM STORM RUNOFF
Dreams of a backyard pool often include visions of barbecues, children playing, and quick dips in the pool. What they don’t include are the debris and dirt from rain runoff after a storm. Imagine the muck and mire flooding into your backyard haven. You can avoid dirt and debris from storm water with a retaining wall.
The primary purpose of a retaining wall is to act as a barrier for soil in a yard. If the yard slopes, a retaining wall can hold dirt back for pool construction. Additionally, with the variety of materials available, retaining walls can be aesthetically pleasing while also being functional. Some walls complement the look of the pool it’s protecting, providing a cohesive look.
JR Pool Plastering & Texas Granite has spent over 30 years building and repairing retaining walls. When it comes to quality and expertise, we are the retaining wall contractor you can depend on to keep your investment protected. Need a repair to an existing wall? We can do that. Need a new wall to hold back the slope in your yard? We have the experience to help you and make sure it blends into your existing landscape.
Questions to Ask When Deciding on a Retaining Wall
If you need a new retaining wall or need repairs, there are a few questions you should ask to make sure you are getting a wall that fits your needs:
- What is the purpose of the retaining wall? – The primary objective of a retaining wall is that of a barrier. However, sometimes a wall is used just for aesthetic purposes.
- Is it being used as a privacy fence to keep onlookers from seeing the pool?
- Will people sit on the wall while enjoying the pool?
- Will it be used as a backdrop for an outdoor shower to prevent water from splashing everywhere?
- What type of retaining wall do you want? – There are two main types of retaining walls:
- Masonry walls – Made out of poured concrete, you can find them faced with brick or stone. These walls are a little more expensive than segmented walls.
- Segmented walls – Made out of concrete blocks stacked on top of each other. These walls are popular because of the lower cost as compared to masonry walls. They are also easier to install.
- Now that you know what type of wall you want, what material do you want to use? – There is a bounty of options for your retaining walls. Just remember to think about the overall look of the pool and the home.
- How can I repair an existing wall? – Contact a retaining wall contractor to fix your existing wall and give you many more years of enjoyment. Our team has the skills and experience necessary to do the job right the first time.
Trusted Retaining Wall Contractor for Your Pool
When it is time for a new wall or to fix an existing one, JR Pool Plastering & Texas Gunite, Ltd. can help. Our skilled crew will install or repair your retaining wall and give your pool the protection it needs from water runoff.
Request a quote online or call JR Pool Plastering & Texas Gunite, Ltd. at 713-729-5014 to speak with our knowledgeable staff.