ESTABLISHED EROSION CONTROL CONTRACTORS
Relaxing by a gorgeous pool is a dream of many homeowners. Designing a watery oasis fosters creativity as the opportunities are practically endless. For example, do you match the pool with the home’s design, or create a small island resort right in the backyard? From tanning ledges and natural stone choices to hot tubs and waterfall features, the only limit is your imagination.
There is a lot of planning and structural aspects to take into consideration before the first drop of water can be poured in. One essential aspect to consider is how to protect the swimming pool from the effects of erosion. At JR Pool Plastering & Texas Gunite Ltd., we understand that erosion control is critical to enjoying your pool for years to come.
As professional erosion control contractors, we have the skill and expertise to protect your perfect backyard oasis, starting with controlling runaway water.
Erosion Control by Skilled Contractors
When a pool and decking is introduced to a site, it creates a barrier for water flow. Water can no longer run freely through the dirt; yet it still needs to go somewhere. An experienced Houston pool contractor knows how to develop the grade of the land so water can wick away from your pool and not cause additional harm to the environment.
With JR Pool Plastering, we understand how to work with the land elevations to accurately grade and move dirt for the best erosion control. Many communities have storm water management requirements. We know how to follow the requirements of your municipality to protect you and your community. The last thing you want is for storm runoff to run from your property to flood your neighborhood.
5 Options for Erosion Control:
There are many ways to control eroding land. Here are just five:
- Retaining Walls – A retaining wall does more than just control erosion, it can be used for privacy or as a tanning ledge.
- Swales – Swales are shallow ditches, sometimes lined with stone, to move surface water away from pools and landscaping.
- Berms –A berm is a type of swale, just without the depression for the ditch. It can be made of mulch or dirt and moves surface water to a desired location.
- French drains – This underground drainage option uses a perforated pipe, gravel, and landscape fabric to move water away from buildings and pools.
- Terraces – If there is a steep slope near the pool, a terrace can be used to redirect water away.
Hire a Trusted Houston Pool Contractor
Protect your pool project with the proper erosion control technique. For more than 30 years, the crew at JR Pool Plastering & Texas Gunite, Ltd. has served Houston and its surrounding areas. We know how important it is to move runoff water away from your pool properly. Avoid damage to your pool and property. Let our skill and knowledge help you achieve the perfect backyard getaway for years to come.
Call our knowledgeable team at JR Pool Plastering & Texas Gunite, Ltd. at 713-729-5014 about our erosion control services or request a quote online.