In an age where do-it-yourself projects are all the rage, it might sound fun to build or renovate your swimming pool. The numerous television programs show everything from redecorating a room on a budget to building furniture or room additions. It can lead many homeowners into believing that they are qualified to take on a large project that includes moving earth and pouring tons of concrete. What is not understood is that there is a lot more going on behind the scenes.
Not all home improvement projects are the same. Avoid frustration and potential disaster when you hire a pool contractor to build your new backyard haven in Houston, TX. The professionals at JR Pool Plastering & Texas Gunite, Ltd. can eliminate the obstacles and help you fulfill your backyard dreams.
5 Reasons to Hire an Experienced Pool Contractor
Stay cool this summer when you let the experts construct your watery oasis. Here are 5 reasons to not DIY your family’s swimming pool:
- Meeting the Permit Process: The City of Houston requires a building permit before construction begins. If you don’t fully understand how to obtain the right building permits, you might be facing delays and hefty fines. Your contractor knows what’s needed and can quickly take care of the paperwork. They do this daily!
- Following Building Codes: Each city has specific building codes. Some may require a pool contractor to do the work, thereby not giving you the option of putting it in yourself. The good news is that a professional will also make sure the construction follows the codes so that safety is maintained.
- Saving Time: Building an aquatic escape takes time no matter who is doing the work. If you can only work on your project during off-work hours, it will take you exponentially longer than professionals that do this daily. They have crews that can get in and get things done promptly so that you can enjoy your investment quickly.
- Money Savings: Because you may not know all the materials you will need or the potential issues that can arise, you can easily spend more going DIY than hiring a company. Additionally, you can easily make a mistake that later you will need a professional to fix, at a higher price!
- Specialized Knowledge: Pool contracting companies spend every day excavating, shooting gunite, laying rebar, building retaining walls, and many other tasks. They have the specialized knowledge to complete the job safely and effectively if problems arise.
Choose a Trusted Houston, TX Pool Contractor
Installing a swimming pool is a fantastic way to enhance your property and enjoy fun with family and friends. Before you jump on the DIY bandwagon, call the trusted team at JR Pool Plastering & Gunite. For more than 30 years, we have served Houston area homeowners and builders. Our crews have the knowledge and experience to give you the backyard oasis you seek while saving you money, time, and frustration.
Contact us at 713-729-5014 to speak with our team at JR Pool Plastering & Texas Gunite, Ltd. or request a quote online.