Across the country, in-ground pools are installed for aquatic centers, apartment communities, homeowners’ associations, and private property owners. With each project come responsibilities and choices. From obtaining the proper permits to guiding a client through the process of picking out tile and coping, building a new swimming pool is a lengthy process where the right material does matter.
Today’s options are nearly endless, making it much easier to get the ideal look your customer is aiming for. Choosing between fiberglass, vinyl-lined, and gunite should be the easiest decision to make. When they select gunite, you know your client is getting the best value for their dollar. The experts on our team are experienced commercial gunite contractors. We can help you give your customer the watery oasis they have been dreaming of.
Benefits of Installing a Gunite Pool
Many will look at fiberglass and vinyl-lined options and think that is the obvious choice for them. They are relatively low-maintenance and are less expensive to install. However, there are some more significant benefits of using gunite:
- Designs and Shapes Are Flexible: The beauty of this material is that it can be molded and shaped to fit your client’s desire. They can have the perfect size for their backyard landscape or the neighborhood hangout.
- Finishing Materials Make it Personal: There are plenty of finishes to choose from to coordinate with a house or to stand out. Choices include aggregate, tile, quartz, and glass beading. The colors and patterns are practically endless. Only you and your client’s imaginations will be the limiting factor.
- Durability Means Longevity: The verdict is out. A custom gunite pool is built to last for decades. The warranties are almost as long. While this material may cost more upfront, the longevity makes it pay for itself over the years.
- They are Simpler to Construct: Unlike concrete which can take a long time to build and is subject to the outdoor temperatures, the rebar framework makes spraying the concrete and sand mixture simple with much less time.
- Many More Amenities to Choose From: Your client doesn’t have to stop at just the pool. They can add streams, spas, waterfalls, built-in barstools, irregular underwater benches, and tanning ledges. The flexibility can be quite surprising and allows for full use of your imagination.
Hire a Dependable and Experienced Houston Commercial Gunite Contractor
Give your client the swimming pool of their dreams that will last for decades when you suggest building with gunite. Their haven will be a testament to your designing ability. For over 30 years, JR Pool Plastering & Gunite has served area contractors and homeowners with installing, remodeling, and restoring backyard oases. We know and understand how this top-quality material should be applied, and we can make your next project shine.
Call us at 713-729-5014 to speak with our team about installing a gunite pool or request a quote online.
Depending on where you live in the United States, a pool can make or break a real estate deal. Here in the South, they are often the desired benefit as they help families get through the long hot summers in Texas. Even though the real estate market looks favorably toward a backyard pool, if it is not adequately maintained and cleaned, a prospective buyer may possibly pass on your home.
If you are considering selling your home, you can attract more potential buyers by taking a long, hard look at your watery oasis. If your pool needs a facelift, call us to help restore your decking, gunite, or pool coping in your Houston abode. We help sellers enhance the overall look of their home and yard with a variety of services including remodeling, building retaining walls, and re-plastering.
Attract More Buyers with an Appealing Pool
Over the years, the wear and tear can leave a pool looking ragged and uninviting. You may not notice it immediately since changes can be gradual. Here are some suggestions you can use to attract more buyers:
- Assess the Condition: Step back for a minute and take a long look at your backyard as if you were seeing it for the first time. Is the water in the pool clear? Is the plaster chipping? Do you have cracks in the tile?
- Make Necessary Repairs: After checking things out, make a list of necessary repairs. Maybe you need to replace the motorized pump, water filter, or other parts. Have a trusted contractor fill and fix cracks in the decking.
- Perform a Good Clean-Up: Besides any repairs that should be completed, take the time to scrub everything, trim back trees and bushes, and remove extra outdoor furniture that can clutter and detract from the view.
- Consider Updates: If this star selling feature looks worn and tired, it can affect the overall appearance of your property. Now is an excellent time to consider re-plastering, re-coping, re-tiling, or even adding a tanning ledge. You don’t need to invest a ton of money, but even bringing everything to fit 21st century style trends can add to your bottom line.
- Keep All Repair and Maintenance Documentation: It is critical to the sale of your home to make needed repairs and have proof that it was done. This includes the maintenance you have had completed over the years. It shows a track record of keeping things in good working order.
Hire Trusted Pool Coping Contractors in Houston
Get top dollar from your sale with help from our skilled and experienced team. We have helped homeowners across Houston and the surrounding areas with building, remodeling, and restoring their aquatic havens for over 30 years. We know how to get them back into shape quickly and within budget.
Call us at 713-729-5014 and speak to our team about replacing your coping or making other enhancements before you put your house on the market. You can also request a quote online.
Having a backyard oasis is the dream of many homeowners. If you have a large backyard, your options are greatly enhanced. You could divide your lot into zones if you wanted. What about those who have small lots in the middle of an urban area? How can they enjoy a cold dip at the end of a hot day? With a small pool, of course!
Today’s options are nearly endless, making it much easier for just about anyone to have a watery oasis of their own. Even if you have a large backyard, you may not want all of it taken up with tons of water. Installing a small inground pool can be the answer. No matter the design or the size of the yard, the experts at JR Pool Plastering & Texas Gunite, Ltd. can bring your dream into reality.
It Is All in the Design
Investing in your family takes many different shapes, including providing a haven for playing, exercise, and memory-making. Generally speaking, anything 600 square feet or less constitutes “small.” Consider these suggestions when deciding if you are ready to take the plunge:
- The Best Type: There are many options available, including concrete, vinyl, or fiberglass. The most significant advantage to using gunite or shotcrete is the flexibility of forming just about any shape you can dream up.
- You Can Still Have Exciting Features: See a picture of a gorgeous tanning ledge on Pinterest? It is possible to add it. You can build in extra seating and keep rainwater from invading when you put up a retaining wall. In fact, you can have just about any feature a larger pool can have.
- Only Your Imagination Limits Shape: Yes, you can have a rectangle, circle, or kidney-shaped pool, even if it is small. Imagine a single swimming lane just out your back door to enjoy morning laps before work. You might choose a small freeform that allows a relaxing water feature you can enjoy with a glass of wine. Another option is to remind yourself to “stop” and relax when you choose an octagonal shape.
- Anything a Large Pool Can Do, a Small One Can Do Too! Maybe you have a backyard that drops off into a lake. Push your design to the edge and save on decking. Remember, if you can dream it, we can build it!
Hire a Trusted Swimming Pool Contractor in Houston, TX
Enjoy a family oasis like those with big backyards including amazing features and beautiful colors and textures when you install a small pool. Your dreams can come true, and we can help. Since 1980, JR Pool Plastering has served the Houston area with installation, remodeling, and restoration of aquatic havens. You can trust our team to make your backyard the envy of the neighborhood in the middle of the city.
Call us at 713-729-5014 to speak with our team about installing a small pool or request a quote online.
A backyard pool is a fabulous place to unwind after a hard day, enjoy the family on weekends, or host a neighborhood party. If you enjoy your watery oasis to its fullest extent, you have probably had more than one get together on your decking. Those burgers and hot dogs always taste better when family and friends are around. A little splash of fresh water from a friendly game of Marco Polo is just one more reminder that summer is a time for relaxing and making new memories.
With all of the fun, it is easy to overlook some of the wear and tear your swimming pool shows. From chipped or damaged pavers to stain on the tiling and coping, you do not want to let things get too far out of hand. At JR Pool Plastering & Texas Gunite, Ltd, we understand the importance of protecting your investment. We help homeowners and apartment complexes keep their pools in the best shape with timely repairs.
Know What Your Pool Structure Needs
Regular maintenance helps you keep your aquatic sanctuary functioning at its best. Sometimes a little elbow grease will help. Other times, you will benefit from the assistance of a professional maintenance team. Here are some problems you may be facing:
- White Deposits: If you have noticed what looks like a bathtub ring around the top of your water line, you probably see mineral deposits like calcium and magnesium called efflorescence. There are different ways to remove the unwanted crust, including using a pumice stone, scraping off with a putty knife, or using an acid wash.
- Tiles Falling Off: It is possible that the “mud” used to set the tile is no longer binding. Another reason may be a cracked beam running along the top of your pool. A trusted contractor can easily repair any missing tiles.
- Discolored Coping: Failing to keep leaves and dirt off your deck and coping results in staining. Pressure washing can remove the stains and bring back the beauty you remember. It is possible for algae or mildew to grow. You can combat this growth by scrubbing with a paste of a bleaching agent.
- Several Chipped or Aging Areas: You want your investments to last a lifetime, and they can when you stay ahead of the curve with maintenance. Time does continue to move along, though, and there may come the season when you spend more time fixing coping than sitting at its edge. That is when a hiring a professional to rejuvenate your pool and get you back to summertime fun makes sense.
Work with Experienced Pool Contractors in Houston
Keep the good times rolling with the help from the team at JR Pool Plastering. We have the experience to help you keep your investment looking its best within your budget. For over 30 years, we have worked with Houston home and business owners in tiling and coping, pool remodeling, and plastering. Let us assist you in protecting your aquatic haven.
Call us at 713-729-5014 and speak to our team about replacing your tiling and coping or request a quote online.
You have done it. You have pondered the merits and determined that now is the time to finally invest in a backyard pool. The fun has just begun as you get to choose the type of materials for the basin and colors for your tile and coping. Another critical decision to be made is where in the world are you going to place your watery oasis?
There are so many styles and components to consider: the adjacent deck, surrounding landscape, and even additional patios. Maybe you want specific zones such as a play area and outdoor kitchen so that your backyard functions as an all-in-one family fun place. No matter the design, the experts at JR Pool Plastering & Texas Gunite, Ltd., can bring your dream into reality.
Placement Considerations for a New Pool
Anytime you invest in your home, you are investing in your family. Frustration will quickly impede memories if the placement of the recreational water structure is not correct. Zoning regulations and the property’s natural slope and drainage issues can complicate things, but they do not have to stop progress. Your Houston Pool contractor can help you overcome these apparent obstacles. Here are some additional tips to help you find the perfect spot for placement:
- Homes with Small Yards: Limited space means a little creativity is in order. Often the pool must be close to or adjoining the house. This can be a good thing as it gives easier access to oversee the water. As an extension of the home, choose a design that reflects that of the architectural style your house carries, including the geometric shape. Work with complementary colors and materials to blend in with existing outside structures.
- Homes with Large Yards: Larger spaces allow for more flexibility in the design. Avoid becoming overwhelmed with all the choices available. Make the pool a destination zone by putting it away from the house, or make it a focal point and create a more massive deck for easier entertaining. You can even complement the natural surroundings with freeform designs you can get with materials like gunite.
- Desired View and Privacy: As you get an idea of where to place the basin, take into consideration what view you would like to have. Picture lounging around crystal blue water. What would you like to see? Maybe some gorgeous landscaping or retaining walls acting as a privacy fence.
Work with a Trusted Pool Contractor in Houston, TX
For the best memories and the enjoyment, pool placement is vital. Avoid eyesores by blending colors and materials to match the home in a small yard. Make a focal point when placing in a big backyard. Pick a spot that offers plenty of sunlight and a pleasurable view. Since 1980, JR Pool Plastering has served the Houston area with remodeling and installation of aquatic havens. You can trust our team to make your backyard the envy of the neighborhood.
Call us at 713-729-5014 to speak with our team about pool placement or request a quote online.